Art Class Downloads
Color Value Chart
How To Do Your Art History/Art Criticism Report Presentation
Using A Viewfinder
Viewfinder And Chair
Art Supply Lists for 2012-2013
Ms. Burroughs' Art Supply Lists
Philosophy of Art Education
It is very important that the beginning art student learn how to draw realistically. Drawing is the basis for all art, whether it is painting or sculpture. The foundation class (2-D design) is based on drawing, design, and color. Ms. Burroughs believes that all students can draw. After going through various exercises, and learning drawing techniques, all of her students tremendously improve their drawing ability. She has the students do "preliminary drawings" at the beginning of the school year that record the level of ability that they are at when they start the class and then she compares that preliminary drawing with their final drawings nine weeks later.
Why Study Art?
Studies have shown that students who participate in art education have higher academic standing and test scores.
Art Courses Offered At OA
Art I: Beginning & Advanced 2-D Design
Art II: Drawing & Visual Communication
Art III: Painting & Computer Graphics
Advanced Placement Studio Art
Note: Classes must be taken in sequence. For more information, see the OA Course Catalog.
Additional Art Opportunities
OA art shows
OA art contests
Fine Arts Week
Painting backdrops for plays/musicals
Comments From Beginning Art Students
- Art is fun and you don’t have to know how to draw to be in art
- You really learn to draw realistically
- You learn new techniques and ways to
- You begin to improve the first day of class
- You develop skills and talents you never knew you had or could do
- If you are at all interested in art, or you just enjoy making things, you should definitely take art class. Ms. Burroughs is great at teaching how to draw and you’re guaranteed to improve.
- Art is a way to let you imagination flow. If you like colors, creativity, or just being away from the normal school atmosphere, art is for you!
- Art is an important part of society. Artists make the world go around.
- Art is a way to let you imagination go. It is one class where music IS allowed and you CAN talk.
- Taking art brings out your inner talents.
You’ll love the art room.
Ms. Pamela Burroughs
812.934.4440 ext. *224